EPK - Electronic Press Kit
An electronic press kit is a must for anyone seeking exposure and publicity as an artist. You can send your electronic press kit to music industry professionals, clubs, media or anybody who might be interested in your work. EPK is your professional resume to the world.
Prescott Studios can help you put together a professional EPK and help you take the guess work out of the equation Did you know that most EPKs end up being deleted? The main reason is either they are too fancy with too little information or are filled with too much useless information. The idea is to create an EPK that is simple and to the point.
Prescott Studios can help you with professional recordings, photography, video, website, graphic design and content for your EPK. If you are interested in having us help you please give us a call at: 770-559-5099 or email us at: email@example.com
Whether you have Prescott Studios manage your EPK or decide to do it yourself, here are some good tips to follow:
- Make sure your EPK has the following elements: contact information, short biography, your pictures, quotes from people about your work, press coverage, gig or show information (if applicable) and links to your professional work (audio, video, images or texts).
- Contact information: This should clearly state where can you be reached, your phone numbers, emails, postal address and link to your website (if you have one).
- Keep the biography short. Your biography should include where you are based and a brief sketch about your professional work. For musicians or bands, also include all band members and instruments that are played. Please do not make this long and do not bore your reader with details of your struggle or other irrelevant details.
- Provide links to your professional work: Links to your professional videos and audios or professional images for models, photographers, painters. Make sure that all links are working and are of good quality.
- Add professional pictures. Especially applicable to those who are rock bands or actor or models. Try to get a professional to shoot you and include 2-3 pictures in your EPK.
- Include links to your press coverage (if any).
- Include a few quotes from other professionals in your field that have something positive to say about your work. Do not make the mistake of providing quotes from friends or family. If you are just starting out then try to get quotes from your teachers or professors.